Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Up and Atom!

After a serious case of the Mondays, preceded by a rather frustrating week, I decided to get into work an extra hour early to try and get a few things accomplished.  I'm a terrible morning person but I have a reliable wake up call to get me going, a big mug of coffee, and anyhow, an hour of commuting to wake up so by the time I do get to work I'm actually somewhat awake, even if it's a bit earlier than normal.

(For the purposes of this blog entry I'm going to ignore the opposing negative of having to go to bed earlier to get up earlier, except to say; this would be fine, aside from the fact that I'm usually busy in the evenings doing stuff so this doesn't work out for me.  And it's not always just websurfing and watching tv!  Productive stuff.)

Since I was feeling so dejected and unmotivated at the end of yesterday, I really needed a kick start to the day.  So I thought of the words of the great Tami ("Dress up for your day, and it will dress up for you!") and decided what my day really did need was a little dressing up.  Er.  *I* needed some dressing up, to feel ready to take on the day.  I'm still in a serious jeans and t shirt phase to work, but this is where the 27 minutes of train commute time come in handy!  AND....drumroll please...a portable curling iron.

I'd bought this thing about two months ago from Target; a small portable curling iron powered by a gas cartridge.  It heats up in about 2 minutes and disassembles into an extremely portable (in a backpack or midsized and up purse) little unit. The barrel is small, at 3/4" (I think), and about 5" long.  Still, it works on my hair, and I have a LOT of hair.  It just takes like 2-3 times around the wand for each curl....but it curls your hair really fast.  I get a lot of odd looks on the train, in that, OMG is that girl really curling her hair on the train?! kind of way.  Well.  Yes.  I also apply my makeup on the train too.  Hey, it's 27 mins more time of sleep in the morning. :)  Hopefully no one is too offended by this type personal grooming in a public area, no doubt I'm breaking a ton of Miss Manners rules.

 I've only used this thing two or three times since I got it to do the train-hair-curling.  Today I didn't put any product in my hair before I left so it'll probably be all straight by lunch...but I don't care!  Curly hair = a more cheerful me = more productive and energetic.  And that's a win win win!

P.S. Since it took like 20 attempts to get a self portrait I liked, I really only got to work an hour early instead of the potentially 1 hour and 15 minutes.  But that's ok.  Curly!

No comments:

Post a Comment