Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011

Hello 2011!

Now that I’m safely into the first day, I think I can do my retrospective of 2010. 

2010…blew..monkey…chunks.

The year that actually sucked was either my entire year of being 29, with a big lead in and lead out taper spanning November 2009 – 2010.  It’s been awhile since I’ve had such a bad year of unremitting unpleasantness.  In fact, something about all this year made me downright superstitious; but I say, if there’s any logic to superstition then the change of year is over and I’m leaving all that badness behind.  Like…

I miss my Cousin Ronald.   That was the overall worst thing that happened this year.
Spending about six or eight months in a mild depression. 
The Great Kitty Health Scare.  Thankfully kitties love overprotective mommies that run after them all the time.
The Malingering Foot Injury That Just Won’t Heal

Not that there weren’t bright spots; but since they mostly revolved around very good things happening to OTHER people it was a bit like trying to claim credit for something I didn’t do.  But, to be fair, here’s the great things that I did enjoy about 2010:

Baby Kennedy!
Baby Owen!
Baby Fabian!
Fulfiling my dream of dancing a pas de deux, thanks Cyrus!

I’m still a little superstitious, so instead of rehashing the disappointments of the last year, I’m thinking looking ahead is the way to go!  In 2011, I look forward to:

- (gulp) househunting.  I think this will take up many months.  I expect to be very very broke soon.
- Learning to sew! (see previous blog entry)
- Getting fit again! The foot is slowly slowly healing.  I’ve picked out my spin class times, more Chinese dance, and a potential Aerial Ribbon class!  This year I’ll work out my core and my arms, and not just my legs.  Woo being proportional!
- For Chinese dance – doing a fun trio with AJ, and Wei-Ling where we portray 3 kids goofing off while wearing horrendously loud clothing (this is different from reality HOW?), another pas de deux with (gasp!) emoting and seriousness, and a Xinjiang dance with pretty gold shoes!
- depending on the foot, easing into some endurance type event.  I really miss that.
- watch out for a joint comic strip effort with the Wei-lingster!

Yup, 2011 has some excellent prospects that I’m very much looking forward to and I can hardly wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment