Friday, January 7, 2011

Awkwaaaaard....


No really, this happened.  In every small group or duet dance, there seems to be a ton of awkward moments. during rehearsal that makes us all glad we're very good friends!  I guess it says something that Wei-Ling, AJ, and I pick dances, somehow we always end up either rolling around on the ground together (Green Snake/White Snake), groping each other a WHOLE lot (Vine - Branch - Leaf), or climbing onto each other (Cow Dance.)  This last week, my butt was perilously close to Wei-Ling's face; granted, it lasts for like a second in the actual dance, but in practice we just kinda stopped there.  And were told to go lower. =p

We started  learning our new trio choreography this week!  The dance is really funny, it took a lot of time to grow on me, but the title translates to "Frolicking" or "Playing", but what I think of as "The Powerpuff Girls Dance"; basically, three little kids are playing and goofing around.  The movements are very caricatured and almost doll-like, and at first I couldn't get into being so cutesy!  They also each have a different color costume which I adore; makes me think of superheros.  The cuteness did win me over, especially when contrasted with a more modern, angst-ridden piece I'll be dancing with Cyrus.  The major winning aspect, this dance will be the most technically demanding piece I've ever tried!  

Aside from the fact, these three kids are goofing off, falling, and laughing...that's just like us in reality? :D

Wei-ling made ups matching hoodies as a Christmas gift, I love them!  Not only are the drawings SOOOOO cute, it's like having a team jacket!



P.S. I'm blue!  Just like Bubbles of the Powerpuff Girls, who happens to be my favorite!





No comments:

Post a Comment