Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Welcome to the Girl Corner, home of crafting

kitty is essential
The other day I was out at a friend's and the subject of man-caves came up.  The importance of, joys of, man-cave envy - although there was no discussion of what actually goes on in one in my hearing.  I wonder, what's the lady equivalent?  Have we really come so far in society that we ladies no longer have a sewing room? 

The funny thing is, I would LOVE a sewing room.  So would a number of other girls I know, since the making of crafts really takes a lot of space!  Truly, if I ever had the space I would need the I Make Stuff and Paint Stuff Room.  For now, I've taken over a Girl Corner of my brother's old room temporarily for my crafting projects and it's got the basic necessities; table, Hello Kitty 3/4 size sewing machine + cat.  I have to give this corner back in a few weeks, but for now, I've been busily using it.  When I have a permanent corner, rest assured it will be much more girly.  The post to reveal just WHAT I've been making will have to wait until the rain lets up for a bit and it stops being so cold! 




I desperately had to cheer myself up a little bit last night though, I've been feeling very very blah from a lot of different things.  I made a quickie headband decoration to wear today, I just tacked on one of the chiffon flowers from a previous project to a thrift store headband (Daiso for the win!!!)  I'm wearing it with that same cardigan today AND with my hair curled in an attempt to seduce the universe into thinking it should hurry up and be spring.  If sunshine started pouring down on me and flowers bloomed beneath my feet and maybe the world started serenading me in joy, that would be ok too.

1 comment:

  1. Those flowers are sooooo pretty!
    I hope that flowers bloom beneath your feet, if you mean the chiffon kind! Then you can spread the joy. :D

    Your girl corner is awesome!

    ReplyDelete