Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Portfolio starting to go up!

Hi everyone! 

I'm very excited to say that I've started uploading my photography work into an online portfolio (finally).  Check out the Fine Art Photography and the Sewing Projects tabs at the top of the page for the first few galleries.  Let me know what you think!  The formatting options are somewhat limited in blogger, but I was SUPER EXCITED to be able to include additional pages right into my blog.  It's very friendly for those web page developmentally impaired. :)

Part and parcel of this was digging up the dvds that had a lot of my old photos.  Lesson learned? MULTIPLE, back up storage in different formats.  Eventually CDs and DVDs don't read and hard drives will just fail (they all WILL, just a matter of time.)  One of my projects existed only in print form anymore...but thankfully now digitized and uploaded to multiple online storage options.  

Having a few web galleries up also encourages the creation of more!  So true about nothing being created in a vacuum (creativity, anyhow, not sure about big bang cosmos physics-wise); it's all about seeing what other people are doing and putting what you do out there for people to comment and critique on.  


No comments:

Post a Comment