Thursday, June 23, 2011

My poor kitty...

Shelf kitty hides in shelves.
My poor kitty...moving has really gotten him freaked out the last few days. I don't know what is going to happen when I have human babies one day in addition to a kitty-child, because I worry so much about the kitty already! Otoro spent the first day slinking around under the furniture, which I did expect. However, in the last few days he has developed the habit of incessant meowing and being rambunctious starting at 4 am. I am sure it must be a "I'm freaked out by this place with all new smells and different stuff" reaction, but it also means I'm not sleeping that much at night either. I'm getting worried I have psychologically damaged my cat! It's only been a few days though, and I wasn't able to spend much time there yet. Hopefully he will calm down soon! 

My dad was a sweetie and brought over this rug that Otoro really likes in the hopes that having more familiar things (and one laden with familiar scents?) will help him calm down. I wonder if this rug was secretly made out of catnip, because the following video shows his reaction after the rug was unrolled; and it was rinse and repeat for the rest of the day. Kitties are so strange sometimes...

No comments:

Post a Comment