Monday, February 21, 2011

Single Star Drop

 

 I'm pleased to report on my continuing adventures in aerial fabrics class - there is improvement!  If you saw my earlier post, I was just SO MASSIVELY BAD it was downright embarrassing.  As I did suspect there was a trick to getting up that fabric so since then it hasn't been so bad.  The dance training has really helped because there's a lot of things you can get away with by being flexible that's kind of like a cheat...like fixing your position when you got into it wrong.  It was kind of like in wushu when I don't REALLY have the strength to to do a kip up, or the proper height to do an aerial, but I could cheat it by being flexible enough to shorten the required air time required for both moves. Ha!

THe moves that I'm having trouble with now are probably now due to my squodgy and wimptastic core.  Since hitting the ripe old age of thirty I've noticed that portion of my anatomy has become somewhat more troublesome with the upkeep (I need that fat to hibernate!! in...California...no really). 

And despite my utter and debilitating fear of heights, I discovered today that I think I'm going to like dropping!  This is the single star drop, just one rotation down - I didn't go that high up it's pretty fun twirling down the ribbon!  It's a very secure stop at the end which is probably why it's not that scary...so secure I got some bruises in delicate areas...



No comments:

Post a Comment