Monday, October 12, 2009

More Cowbell, please


A little shameless self promotion - also because I'm SO proud of my dance group.  The above is the nearly last practice we have for our dance performance in ...eeeep.... 6 days.  Here's a clip from our latest practice - I'm SO PROUD.



Er....yeah, so I am thinking this Wa (or Va) Tribe must be a cow herding people.  In fact, I've looked up some videos of their traditional dance and damned if there aren't cow skulls hanging up in the village square.  I'm particularly proud because we (me, DJ, Wei-ling, AJ) basically learned this dance ourselves, rechoreographed a good chunk (the original group had 3 people), AJ made the he costumes herself...and it's the riskiest dance we've ever done, both thematically (these people LOVE cows) and athletically.  But it's just so COOL - who knew any tribes in China danced like this?


1 tech rehearsal, 1 dress rehearsal to go.  Wish us luck!



1 comment: